The following is the preliminary step in adopting one of our canine orphans. We have been adopting out animals for several years and find it necessary to ask the following questions in order to get a better insight into you and your family and to determine which dog would be best for all involved.
We don't mean to insult anyone or invade anyone's privacy, but judging from experience, these questions are necessary. If you choose not to answer any one of the following questions, please feel free to ask us about it and we will be more than happy to explain the necessity of that particular question.
1. Our adoption fee is $200.00. For your adoption fee, the dog will be spayed/neutered, fully vaccinated, micro-chipped and receive a free lifetime of training sessions with VRC.
2. All of our dogs are spayed/neutered. DO NOT ASK US FOR AN UN-ALTERED DOG!
3. We are hesitant to adopt out adult dogs into homes where there are cats or small dogs. It's just not something we "recommend" though we have had some successful adoptions in this capacity. We will consider it if certain circumstances arise, but we do recommend puppies for this situation or one of our non-Pit Bulls. You must also live within a reasonable traveling distance on the chance the animals stop getting along, that our dog can be returned to us fairly easily and quickly.
4. We will adopt into homes where there is 1 existing dog but NOT MORE THAN THAT (unless you want to adopt one of our non-Pit Bulls). Due to this breed's sometimes inherent dog to dog aggression, its hard enough to make 2 dogs get along let alone several. Your existing dog must be a medium/large breed but we have made exceptions on special circumstances and ultimately do go by an individual basis. You must also live within a reasonable traveling distance on the chance the dogs stop getting along, that we can have our dog returned to us quickly and easily.
5. We do NOT recommend adopting a female Pit Bull with another female Pit Bull.
6. If you do have an existing dog, you will be asked to bring him/her up to our facility to meet your potential new adopted dog.
7. If you live in an apartment, condo, townhouse or home owners association complex, verify with the management that you are allowed to have a PIT BULL AND NOT JUST ANY TYPE OF DOG. Many insurance companies are now denying home owners' insurance companies to rent to people with this breed of dog.
OUT OF STATE ADOPTION REQUIREMENTS
WE DO NOT ADOPT OUT OF THE COUNTRY. NO EXCEPTIONS!
We do adopt dogs out of state but the following restrictions apply:
1. We DO NOT fly our dogs. Each adopted dog is driven personally by one of our staff right to your door. Because of this, there are travel expenses that the adopter is responsible for (unless they are a part of our PIT BULL NATION program). These expenses can range anywhere from $500 – $1000.
2. We will ask you to email/mail photo of your yard/home prior to our staff bringing any dog.
3. A physical home-check will be done upon arrival
4. If you have an existing dog in your home, you first must bring your dog to our facility to meet our dog to insure that the dogs will get along (obviously this is for our local adopters). Please understand that this will still be based on a case by case situation. We are not comfortable with doing long distance adoptions where there is an existing dog due to the fact that if at any given time, if the dogs stop getting along, then the task of getting our dog back will be costly for us and stressful for our dog. But we will at least explore the option FOR OUR NON-PIT BULLS ONLY. So to clarify, we do “existing dog in the home” adoptions if you are within a reasonable traveling distance (PIT BULLS & NON-PIT BULLS). We do long distance/existing dog in the home ONLY if we are dealing with NON-PIT BULLS.
5. Due to the high costs for the adopter of doing a long distance adoption, we will waive the adoption fee (unless you a part of the PIT BULL NATION program).
6. Adoption fee – $200.00