Posted: December 4, 2012

COMING IN 2013 … SERVICE DOG PROGRAM

We have several new programs coming in January. I have to admit, they’re pretty awesome. Our first one is our new service dog training program. We will be picking a selected group of our dogs and putting them thru their paces to become service dogs which will in turn be offered up for adoption to those in need. This program will begin mid-January right here at our facility in New Orleans. Pictured here is our first student: Wrangler with one of our new “training assistants” Nick. We are soooo excited to finally be able to do this as we get so many requests for service dogs. We will keep you posted as the time gets closer.

Comments

7 Responses to “ COMING IN 2013 … SERVICE DOG PROGRAM ”

1. Jennifer on December 5th, 2012 1:01 pm

Hi all,
    I just wanted to tell everyone at Villalobos that they are doing an amazing job. As a service dog user I have to say these dogs make all the difference in the world! As a pit bull lover as well, I think this will be great for the breed. There’s far too many people in both the pit bull and service dog community that are not doing it right. I’m just glad to be able to see someone who are willing to do it right.
    With love and wet noses,
    Jenn and Clovis

2. Lisa Green on December 5th, 2012 1:25 pm

Tia,
    Just wanted to speak my mind on the service dog program. Please do not give up. My sister and I own American and Pit Bull Mix. She has the mama and one of her pups and I have one pup. They are almost two years old now and are the best dogs we have ever owned. My sister has a six year old with diabetes and I think it would be great for the Pits to become service dogs for kids with Type 1 Diabetes. You do so many great things with the dogs and please do not let anyone tell you that you cannot make a Pit a great service dog.

3. Jeff Kerch on December 5th, 2012 5:52 pm

Tia,

You Rock Girl Keep pushing to get the Program Going!! if there is a Will and A Way God Will Be there For Your People and Dogs, I know the Felling or Rejection! We had A WHat we think English Bull Dog Show up, He took to that Kids and I tell You if my daughter Scrams Hes there by her side in a Sec!! But a lot of are freinds THink he Looks Like a Pit and Want Nothing to do with Him!! Any Way I think if U dring in other Service Trainers and everyone Works Together things Will Get Better!! TO the People Bit*** they can take a Hike or Feed them to the Dog’s!! I think there Jelous of what U have Built and Are Scared UR Going to Hurt there Business!! When I first Seen the Show I had Reservations!!! But We the Family Cant Get Enough!! Even A Tear to a Growna Mans Eyes in Some Cases of Finding Or adopting out a Dog !!!( I wont ever admit that Tia) !!! any way Keep up the Good Work!! and Faith in God All Will Work Out!!!!!

The Kerch’s

4. Renee on December 7th, 2012 8:07 pm

I think its awsome using pitts for service dogs they are really smart and gentle good luck on the program

5. Tina Fink on December 7th, 2012 9:27 pm

I love that you are doing this! I am became disabled in 2010 and could use a companion dog and I think Pit bulls would be great at this. I hope you will let me know when you have a dog available – I would be very interested in adopting.

I live near San Francisco so I hope that won’t be an issue.

Tina Fink

6. Zachary Diamond Diamond on December 9th, 2012 11:29 am

You are a one of a kind. You see a dog and instead of judging the dog you help. You could hire people who havent made a mistake that destroyed there life, but you see the good in everyone. I hope you get back as much as you give. This is a good start to reach your goal. I respect you and hope one day I can make an inpact, like “Saint” Tia does every day.

7. Chrissy Snelling on December 9th, 2012 6:59 pm

This is AWESOME news!!

I have nothing but praise and admiration for you, your family, your “boys” – keep up the good work.

We are all behind you!

xx

Got something to say?

Name

(required)

Email Address

(required)

Speak your mind

Comment moderation is enabled. Your comment may take some time to appear.

Latest Adoption.!

PAT

PAT

Read More about me.!.!

Designed by Cutting Edge Hobbies

Unless otherwise indicated, all materials on these pages are copyrighted by Villalobos Rescue Center. No part of these pages, either text or image may be used for any purpose other than personal use. Therefore, reproduction, modification, storage in a retrieval system or retransmission, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical or otherwise, for reasons other than personal use, is strictly prohibited without prior written permission.